Smoked Ham & Cheese Toastie
- 4 slices of white sourdough or crusty white bread
- Black Swan Crafted Caramelised French Onion Dip 200g
- 100g grated gruyere or your favourite cheese
- 20g butter
- 4 thin slices of smoked ham or shaved meat of choice
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place on a baking tray and toast one side under a grill, buttered-side up, until golden.
- Take them out and heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Turn the bread over and spread each slice with a generous amount of Black Swan Crafted Caramelised French Onion Dip. Cover with grated gruyère, and then a slice of ham.
- Form the slices into two sandwiches, put on a baking tray in the oven and bake for 10-15 mins or until golden brown and cheese is melted. For an alternative, use an electric flat sandwich press