Bonza Baked Spud
- 2 large potatoes (a variety that is suitable for baking)
- Black Swan Warming Leek & Bacon Dip 180g
- Olive oil
- Your favourite cheese
- Position the oven rack in the middle of the oven & heat the oven to 220°C
- Clean potatoes with water & pat dry.
- Rub the potatoes with a little olive oil & season with salt & pepper. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork. This allows steam to escape from the baked potato.
- Bake the potatoes directly on the oven rack, or place them on an aluminium foil-lined baking tray. Bake for ~50 to 60 minutes, flipping them over every 20 minutes or so. Check if they are done by piercing them with a fork. The potatoes are done when the skins are dry and the insides feel completely soft when pierced.
- Carefully cut the potatoes in half, and scoop out some of the flesh into another bowl. Be careful as they will be steaming hot!
- Add to the bowl of potato as much of the Black Swan Warming Leek & Bacon Dip and your favourite cheese as you like, and mix well, adding salt and pepper as desired. Refill the halves of potato with this mix and top with more cheese.
- Return the stuffed potatoes to the oven for 10 minutes or until nice and hot and the cheese is melted.
- To cut down the baking time, microwave the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes in the microwave before baking.
- For softer skins, wrap the potatoes in foil before baking.
- For extra-crispy skins, brine the potatoes. Stir 2 tablespoons kosher salt into 1/2 cup water until dissolved. Soak each potato in the brine. Drain and bake directly on the rack as instructed above. Brush with oil during the last 10 minutes of baking.